Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 107

Hi everyone! I know I promised you something different today, but unfortunately I'm still working on the same two projects, as I'm writing this on Monday night. I won't have a chance to get to it Tuesday (when I normally write the blog) due to having a dentist appointment and then driving to LA and back to San Diego again all in one day. It's going to be tiring, let me tell you!

We had an amazing time at Tiki Oasis this weekend. It's always sad when it's over, and this year we had an exceptional time. The end of the tiki season is coming to a close here soon as the weather is starting to change (or I wish it would as it's still too darn hot here!).

Thanks to those of you who started to follow me on Instagram. I try to post as many Candy Skein/yarn pictures as I can, but you will also get a little sprinkling here and there of random pics I take in my daily life. I hope you don't mind!

Also thanks to you who commented on my tattoo Friday. I know some of you are hockey fans and figured you would enjoy it. I even had a few compliments on it this weekend and a guy took a picture of it to send to his buddy in Chicago who's a Blackhawks fan. It's now almost totally healed, the pain is gone, infection is gone and it's starting to feel like my leg again. YAY!

Back to knitting...



I put the Hitchhiker shawl down for the cardigan, as you know, but I got it back out this weekend and worked on it while listening to the live music (before the sun went down). I'm SOOO close to finishing it now, it's my goal to have it done this week instead of finishing the cardigan. I"ll be picking that back up once this is done. I really do love patterns that you just work until you run out of yarn. It takes the stress out of it all!



This is where a photo should be. Unfortunately, I waited to take the pictures until Tuesday evening after I drove home from LA. Today was a bad bad day, starting with the dentist (where I have to go back next week to get an old filling drilled out and replaced) and ending with a blown out tire on the freeway going 65 miles per hour. I'm okay, as is Milo, but didn't feel up to taking pictures as you can imagine, except the hitchhiker.


And the cardigan. It really doesn't look much different from the last time you saw a picture of it. The sleeve almost feels like it's getting shorter, not longer! What's up with that?? I can't believe I have to do another one. Sadly, there are a few areas that have ladders, as the yarn is so thin with larger needles and the stitches are so loose. I'm thinking that it will block out. I'm also trying to make the sleeve strips not jog, but it doesn't look as good as hoped. Luckily, that part will be under the arm and I think blocking will help this as well.



Again, sorry for no picture.

After I finish these two projects, I think I'm going to put out an oldie but a goodie. Remember how my knitting group (my in person knitting group) was doing a Harry Potter sock challenge? That sure has fallen by the wayside for all of us. I've made a few pairs, we've planned others but haven't cast on. I've kind of lost my sock knitting mojo and hope to get it back. I have so many pairs of socks started in different stages that I need to finish. First up, January's socks that I was making for my husband. The pattern is The Weasley Rib and I was using the Candy Skein November colorway, Harvest Sweets. I'm not sure why these fell out of favor on the knitting train (actually, I disliked knitting the pattern with all the purls now that I think about it). I'd love to finish them off for my husband's birthday (which is September 17th) but I don't think that will happen. Boys socks just take SO LONG to knit it seems. We'll see how much I can get done on them! Shhh, don't tell him.


That's it for me today



For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

11 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your shawl. Glad the infection has cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my God, gorgeous, gorgeous shawl. I love it! Sorry to hear it's been a tough few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your accident! Glad you are okay! The Hitchhiker is looking good...eventually I'll make one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, a blowout after a dentist appointment? That's a TERRIBLE day! Sorry about that. Hopefully everything gets better from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets worse, as I was driving home from LA which is a 2 1/2 hour drive one way. Dentist, drove to LA, had lunch and then back again for another 2 1/2 hour drive. Got the blow out on the way back which then turned into another 3 hours. :(

      Delete
  5. Love those colours in your shawl. And the design.

    Dentist, blowout - nothing else I hope. They say here that things happen in threes - so your third must be your replacement filling next week. Wishing you a safe and comfortable journey there and back.

    Looking forward to seeing the cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noes! Hope your week improves from here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hitchhiker looks lovely, Tammy - and the colors are so Candy Skein! Wearing it will be a terrific advertisement. :)

    I hope that Wednesday is kinder to you than Tuesday was. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! It can only go up from here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Hitchhiker! I made one last year and have worn it loads!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's turning our beautifully. Always nice to have a FO on the horizon, isn't it?

    :)

    ReplyDelete