Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 19


I'm going to keep this pretty short, as I've come down with the flu. :( I was on such a roll, had so much energy and then BOOM. I got sick on Monday afternoon. Definitely no fun. I hope you're all having a great week.

Here are this week's WIPs:


Almost done! When I'm feeling better, I need to just sew the lining together and then hand sew it in the purse. I also need to add the ribbon decoration to the front. I hope to get better pictures then, for FO Friday. :)



I made a boo boo where the stem of the glass and the main portion meet, but didn't realize until I was way far into it. I don't think the recipient will mind, so I just left it. Other than that, I'm really happy with this and really like the border for it. I also am loving the subtle colors in the cream yarn! Anyway, this is the pattern I'm using.



Despite having so much to do still for Christmas, I couldn't wait to start these. As I mentioned here, I decided to make the Waffle Fingerless Gloves. As you can see, I have finished one, and am about to start on the second. I'm afraid it will be a little small (I still have to seam it) but hope it will stretch. I used Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool that I dyed and LOVE the way the colors turned out. I'm stoked!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


21 comments:

  1. Ooooh the colour of your waffle mitts is just gorgeous, no wonder you are so pleased with them. Lovely bag too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purse is really cute, and the tipsy glass is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly, Tami! LOOK at that yarn you dyed -- it's gorgeous! I'm glad you went with the black bamboo handles for the bag -- they look perfect. Hope you're on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, more knitting! The fingerless gloves are looking great... lovely colors. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, thank you! I'm very pleased with the colors and pooling.

    Liz, thank you! I'm hoping to finish the dishcloth today.

    Paula, thanks. I had no clue how it would turn out once knitted/crocheted up and I'm stoked with it. I don't have much of it (but I have no clue how much I have), so this was the perfect project for it. I'm happy with the bamboo handles, too. It seems perfect for this purse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie, I'll fix it again this week, but next WIPW can you make sure that you link is .blogspot.com instead of @blogspot.com? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that yarn, the colours are amazing. I have linked up to WIP Wednesday even though I couldn't take photos today, but you do have a written update, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you knitter critter :) Great projects, your dyed yarn is stunning. Feel better soon! I prescrible lots of tea, rest, and yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CraftyCripple, thank you! Of course that counts!

    Kathleen, thank you. I knew I had way too much energy on Monday morning. I should have realized I was getting sick and rested instead of running around like a monkey. You know, the colors are a little jewel-y! I didn't even think of that. They're actually even brighter/richer in person. I didn't even notice the heart, how awesome is that?!

    mutantsupermodel, thank you! I'm trying to rest and drink tea! For some reason, I have a hard time doing stuff when sick. I just lay and stare at the same spot for hours. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bag looks great. I love the yarn you dyed.

    Hope your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects look great. I hope you feel better soon. I relate completely to not being able to wait to cast on for the new project. The color of the fingerless gloves is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your projects are looking great! The purse is so elegant in black, love the handles. The fingerless gloves look so cool. That yarn color is so fantastic! And don't worry, once blocked the pattern on the gloves will open right up. It just looks small unblocked. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work, Tammy, as always. Isn't dyeing your own yarn just too much fun? I love what you made. I hope your flu departs quickly so you can be rested and happy for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tami....sorry to hear you came down with the flu :( I love the purse! It is going to be awesome! I also loved the colors you dyed the fishermans wool! The color scheme is very pleasing to the eye! Nice job :)

    I finally finished (mostly finished) my Luigi if you want to go to see him on my blog:

    http://kissingtoast.blogspot.com/2010/12/wipw-week-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the colors on your fingerless gloves! Gorgeous. The dishcloth is adorable - I don't really need to cast on for anything new right now, but my mom would love that pattern! Hmm, maybe a quick last-minute gift...

    Hope you're feeling much better soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one seriously stinking cute purse! Hope you feel better soon. Drink some OJ.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way your yarn looks knitted up! And look at you go with the presents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you feel better soon! The flu sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi everyone, I've been really sick since Wednesday afternoon and haven't had a chance to check out everyone's WIPW posts yet. I'll be doing that hopefully tomorrow! Thanks for understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah man! I wrote my post in time and came to read this post and completely forgot to link up. Here's mine: http://www.livinglavidanormal.com/2010/12/work-in-progress-wip-wednesday-12152010.html

    I love the yarn you dyed!

    ReplyDelete