Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 17


First off, I'm sorry that I've been quiet since last WIPW. It's been a crazy week with Thanksgiving, being gone for four full days and the end of NaNoWriMo...which leads me to something I'd like to share. I know it's not craft related, but I can't help myself.

That's right, I hit 50,000 words. It's not the first time I've "won" NaNo. Actually, just the opposite. Each time I attempt it, I hit 50k, but this year felt better than most, with also trying to work on a lot of crochet Christmas presents and going away for the holiday, things got a little hectic. In fact, I didn't hit my word count goal until yesterday morning! Now back to craftiness.

I had a great time up in Los Angeles visiting family. I bought a lot of good yarn, as well as a few books, but I'll share them in another post! I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday in the US, and for those of you who participated in FO Friday this past week, I promise I'll get to commenting on your posts now that my life isn't all about furiously typing on my NaNo project.

I don't have anything new to share, but I did make some progress on the two projects from last week:


I was able to work on the market bag on the way to and from Los Angeles, thanks to my husband who drove both ways! I really like the way it's coming out. My gauge seemed a little small, so I added two extra rows of increase before starting my way up the sides of the bag. This is going to be a great size for supermarket and farmer's market shopping! I can't wait to give it to the recipient! I hope to finish this week, so I better get hooking!



I wasn't able to work on my washcloth much more, but you can see I've just started to hit the point of where the first (or second, depending on how you look at it) set of wings starts for the dragonfly washcloth. I'm still super stoked about the way it's coming out and LOVE knitting. I actually bought more cotton so that I can make more of these. They're fun, quick projects (when you actually have time to knit) and are actually useable! I hope to finish this one soon too, but the market bag takes precedence since it's a Christmas gift and the washcloth is just for fun.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



23 comments:

  1. Nice! I never took up with knitting. With kids pulling at the yarn, it was too easy to lose the project. It may have permanently cured me from liking it though, lol.

    I love your projects and I've been watching. I just wish I had taken pics of the beautiful bookmarks and winter set I made so I would at least have that to show. :( Ah, well, I will make more. I have editing and more writing to do, so will have to go slower than last time, but I will persevere. I'm taking a pic this time though! UGH..

    PS I loved your posts on the dyeing process and like how you are able to post pics so well. Good job on nano! :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the NaNoWriMo project. I am impressed that anyone would take that on, much less complete it. The market bag is looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the writing. That was a challenge I'm sure. Glad to hear you're enjoying the knitting. Can't wait to see the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is my first time visiting. I have a knitting party on my blog and have stumbled across many comments about WIP Wednesday! I'm glad I finally found you!

    I'm going to post your button on my blog, so people who post to my party can come over and post to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the writing goal! It sounds like you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I bet now that you are done with NaNo you will be surprised how fast you can whip out some presents! I've checked off a lot on my list but just keep adding more lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! Congrats on reaching your (kind of epic) goal! Also, nice to have you back. :) I'll be back with my WIPW post tonight. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the NaNo project! I'm loving the green on your washcloth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm working on a market bag too! Yay! BTW congratulations on NANO. That is awesome. I tried and failed last year LOL I'm not very imaginative it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leona, thanks! Congrats on NaNo as well! :) Yes, always take pictures. I made a red Mario mushroom awhile back that weirdly disappeared and has yet to be found since. That was the last time I forgot to take a picture.

    Liz, thank you! It is a touch thing to accomplish. This year it was nice to just write and get back into the groove. I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself regarding my writing recently and I hope that NaNo helped me get past it.

    Dina, thank you! I can't wait to finish it. Maybe this weekend. :)

    Beth, thank you for visiting and also posting the button to your blog. Welcome to WIPW. I can't wait to check your bog party out.

    Stacey, thank you. :)

    Alea, I sure hope so! I have a ton more to make. o_O

    Thanks, Paula! I hope to post a bit this month, since my main focus will be on crocheting/knitting. I hope to start dyeing again!

    Thanks, Joycers. It's actually a really light blue (it's called stonewash or something like that). I had to take the pics last night, so it does look a little green. :)

    Kathleen, thank you! What do you plan to make with your skein? I totally didn't expect it to crochet up into the colorway it has! LOL

    mutantsupermodel, awesome! I can't wait to see yours. Thank you. It's tough, let me tell you. You should feel proud that you even tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth, I deleted your first Mr Linky, as it seemed to be a link to a post from July on your blog! The one remaining is the correct one I believe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, well done on the writing, that's quite an achievement. And good work on the knitting! I sometimes knit washcloths and they're incredibly useful ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the writing! Once upon a time I dreamed of being an author - not anymore, though. Not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on hitting 50,000 words! That is quite an achievement, especially during such a busy month as November. Both of your projects are looking good. I wish someone would gift me with a market bag. They are cute and practical, a perfect combo! I am so glad that you are enjoying the knitting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colours on the market bag. And congrats on the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anastacia, that's my dream. :) I quit my job, with the help and support of my husband in June of this year to pursue the dream. Here's to hoping! What do/did you write?

    autumngeisha, thank you! I hope to make a market bag for myself at some point! I think it's totally awesome, especially the quick trips to the market for a few items.

    elephantJuice, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the Nanowrimo. D did it two years in a row, last year along with Nanoblopomo and trying to find a job.

    Love the colors of the market bag. You're coming right along with your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Denise, thank you! I think I'd have trouble with Nanoblopomo! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on finishing Nanowrimo and meeting your goal. I am in awe of your awesomeness :-) Beautiful projects, too -- you have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your harmony knitting needles ;) Can't wait to see the finished washcloth.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks! I LOVE these needles. I want a whole set! LOL Have you tried them?

    ReplyDelete