Friday, December 24, 2010

FO Friday 15



Happy Christmas Eve!!! Soo excited! I hope you all finished the gifts that were last minute. I LOVE Christmas, and love giving presents. I think that's the best part, to watch people open things that I've bought/made for them. It's so rewarding. This year it will be even more so, because of all the hard work I put into each gift, though that makes me a little more nervous!

Next week, I will have WIPW posted, as well as FO Friday, but will only be participating in WIPW. I will be traveling and hope to have a chance to stop at a few yarn stores and have a little time to knit/crochet while I'm away. I will also have a post scheduled with the details of the yarn diet I will partaking in starting January 1st. I will have a follow up post on January 2nd or 3rd with pictures to show my stash as a way to document it at the start. Hope you have a chance to stop by and check it out!

Now onto FO Friday.

I have quite a few projects to share, thankfully! I wasn't able to finish everything of course, due to being sick, but at least everyone who needed a gift on Christmas, had one.


This is the love bug/lady bug I mentioned on Wednesday. I made it for my little niece. My sister loves ladybugs so I think it will be a hit, though I hope they will let her play with it a little. It took me no time at all, as I made it in a few hours. I think the best way to go was I assembled as I went instead of making all the pieces and then having to put it together. I hate that part!

The pattern was this, but instead of the whole kit and kaboodle, I decided to just make one of the bugs. Because of that, I increased the size of the hook to make it a little larger.

Materials used:

5.00 mm (H) hook
Red Heart Super Saver (body- Black)
Red Heart Super Saver (wings- Red)
White felt
Poly Fluff Stuffing
Safety eyes- Brown 9mm
Embroidery floss- Pink
Yarn needle





I've been working on this way too long, but I like how it turned out, despite my little mistake in the stem of the glass. It's funny how this turned out compared to the dragonfly. It's knitted a little looser, so it doesn't curl as much as the dragonfly. On the other than, this pattern, along with the colorway doesn't lend itself to it being very double-sided. Here's a link to the pattern.

Materials used:

Size 7 needles (Knit Picks Harmony interchangeable)
Lily Sugar'n Cream (Potpourri Ombre)
Yarn needle

Last week

Finished. There is a weird bump in it because I have had to fold it up to hide it from my husband!



Last you saw this purse, it was almost finished but needed the final touches, the lining and the ribbon. I wanted to finish it for last FO Friday, but unfortunately with being sick, I just got around to it on Wednesday of this week. I'm pretty happy with it. If I had time, I think I would make the lining inside a little smaller so that there isn't any wrinkling at the top where it's sewn in. I hope my sister likes it, because I worked hard on it and like it myself. I have one more of these purses to make soon, a present for my sister-in-law.

Materials used:
5.00 mm (H) hook
6.00 mm (J) hook
6.50 mm (K) hook
Red Heart Super Saver (purse- Black)
Wooden Bamboo handles- Black
Pink flower fabric (lining)
Sewing Machine
Black thread
Yarn needle
Ribbon (for decoration)


Last week

And finished! The lining looks really saggy in the pic due to the way I had to prop it open to take a picture of the inside.




Share your FOs!




11 comments:

  1. Love your cute little ladybug, and your purse came out very pretty.. Love the handles you used on it too... Wishing you and yours a blessed and very Merry Christmas! Enjoy! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute ladybird, she will love it :)
    Merry Christmas, hope you have a lovely time. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purse turned out great. Ladybug is cute.

    Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no reason to be nervous, as all your gifts turned out so well.
    Have fun in your holiday travels. I'm looking forward to seeing your stash enhancements prior to your yarn diet!
    Happy holidays : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely FOs I'm sure your giftees will love them. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you Ms. Knitter! Lovin' the bag!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous! I wanna be on YOUR Chrsitmas list, missy! Those are awesome gifts. You should be super proud to give them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made beautiful gifts for your loved ones! Enjoy your holiday travels.

    PS - there's a Stashdown! group on Ravelry that's helping each other with yarn diets in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula, thank you! :) I am pretty proud of the projects. Merry Christmas to you, too!

    Marushka, Thank you. I'll have to check out that Ravelry group!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bag is great, looks very professional.

    I've linked my post from saturday, hope you don't mind, my last FO wasn't completed till about 3AM xmas morning!

    ReplyDelete