Friday, December 3, 2010

FO Friday 12

It's good to be back in the FO game. It seems like it's been awhile, though I just missed the last one. I hope to have many projects finished in the next few weeks (if not, I need to do some serious thinking about Christmas gifts!), but am trying not to put too much pressure on myself. I have a lot going on, despite NaNoWriMo being over.

Anyway, on to FO Friday.

As you all know, I've been working on the market bag as a Christmas gift. It was part of two WIPWs and here are those pictures as it progressed.


Obviously not very exciting since it is basically just a circle, but there you go. I used this pattern, yet changed it a bit. I added two more rows of increase to make the bag larger (and my gauge was a little small), as well as a few more rows of basic rows as I went up the sides of the bag and also added a few more decrease rows as I wanted the opening a little smaller since I increased at the bottom a little. I also kept decreasing the top until I got the correct number of dc to match the pattern when working on the handles. My only regret is not making the handles bigger. I didn't really realize how little it was until sewing the two together. Because of that, i didn't do the edging since it would make them even smaller (hole wise).

Materials used:

5.50 mm (I) hook
Bernat Handicraft Cotton
Yarn needle







14 comments:

  1. can't wait to see updated pics of the market bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we're up! Thanks for your patience everyone! My internet was on and off all day yesterday. I got most of my post done before it went down for good, but not the final picture or Mr Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Alea! I think it's a great size. Glad I augmented it a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the bag! I like the smaller opening and I actually think it's a good handle length too. Thanks again for hosting FO Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out nice! The shorter strap probably looks very stylish. And my guess is that it will stretch when loaded-up and in use. The one I made with plarn stretches so much that it's almost too long with heavy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a very cute bag. I can see what you mean with the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome bag! Doesn't it feel SO good to get the Christmas presents knocked out? Love it. Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I was out all day, so I'm back now and will check out all of your FOs now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kezz, your link isn't working and I can't figure out what the proper one is. Can you post a new link in Mr Linky and I'll delete the old?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bag! The colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! The colors are fun. I can't believe this bag took almost the whole skein (790 yrds) of yarn. Insanity.

    ReplyDelete